Many netizens shared that even though they are not Baekhyun’s fans, they still feel sorry to see him being criticized so much over the past few days.
After Dispatch reported that Baekhyun (EXO) would enlist in community service, a wave of sarcasm and even criticism of the male idol appeared on online forums in Korea. Before this situation, the Dispatch news site recently published an exclusive article, which showed that the real reason why Baekhyun could not be in the military was because of his chronic health problems.
Dispatch said that during the Military Manpower Administration medical examination, Baekhyun received a category 4 result. Meanwhile, those with results from category 1 to category 3 were eligible to serve. Baekhyun has submitted to the military a medical certificate along with medical records in the past. Type 4 is the lowest result he can get because of his health condition. A source from the Military Manpower Administration said that normally people with hypothyroidism would be classified as category 3. Still, if there is evidence of medicine use for more than 6 months, it could category 4 results.
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid does not produce enough of the necessary hormones, leading to a slower metabolism and problems such as fatigue, weight gain, poor cold tolerance, swelling,… Dispatch said Baekhyun had had this disease for a long time, first discovered when he was in high school. Since then, he has had to treat the disease through medications and regular blood tests continuously.
What has just been announced by Dispatch will cause many people to criticize him as “speechless” when they know the true health status of the male idol. Even though not fans of Baekhyun, many Korean netizens also feel sorry when he has been repeatedly criticized over the past few days.
- I’m not an EXO fan, but what happens to you, guys? That keeps him out of the army even when he’s having health problems. He submitted his medical records, and it was approved. So what’s the problem?
- I find the thoughts of those who claim that he serves the community because of special treatment is really strange ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ, Of course, he has to hurt somewhere, so people give it to him. My first thought is it seems that he has been hiding his sick fans the whole time.
- The military saw that he was qualified to serve the community, so he allowed him to serve there. What century are we living in, and many people still think it is possible to flee to community service secretly? I don’t even care about Baekhyun, but I still find him pitiful.
- EXID’s Solji and Sayuri even need surgery. It seems that this disease is really exhausting.
- My friend also has this disease. He really can’t drink coffee and can’t eat what he wants, he has to be very strict with self-management all the time, and he’s really pitiful. Why is everyone making a fuss about someone serving the community? Your actions can make their illness worse … Baekhyun-ah, I hope you will join the army safely.
- Impressive to think that he could promote so actively all this time … How can he endure for so long?
- As long as he takes medicine, he’ll have a great time serving the community ㄷㄷ
- There are so many crazy people here … Haizzz.
- Those who criticize Baekhyun probably don’t have any male relatives around you. ㅋㅋㅋ To serve the community, they need to meet certain requirements ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ
- So here’s why he has to serve the community …
- Hul, hypothyroidism … He needs to manage himself a lot …
Baekhyun will officially enlist on May 6, exactly on his birthday. After 3 weeks of basic training, the EXO member will begin his 2-year military service as a community service worker.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!